Financial Policies that guide the Pregnancy Care Clinic We believe the way a ministry handles itself in the financial arena is a reflection of integrity in every area. The Board of Directors therefore has established the following policies to guide us in the years ahead:
- We will never resort to what we consider to be disrespectful and dishonorable methods of fund raising, even when the needs are serious. We can discern the Lord’s will regarding the continuation of our ministry through the support He sends (or doesn’t send) from His people. Therefore, as the leaders of this organization, our obligation is to make known to you our needs. We commit ourselves, however, to do so in a Christ-like manner and with the greatest sensitivity to those who are new to our ministry.
- We will not operate this ministry at a deficit, although from time to time it is necessary to borrow funds for large capital expenditures.
- Our obligation is to spend that money conservatively and wisely in continuing the ministry. We consider the contributions we receive to be given by families and individuals who have sacrificed to make their gifts possible
- We will carefully record each contribution and provide you with a regular update of your giving to assist you in your planned giving and tax preparations.
- When we make a purchase, we will pay the invoice within 30 days, if possible. We do not intend to use the vendor’s money.
- We will not try to raise more money than we need.
- We will never sell or rent our mailing list to those wishing to use the names and addresses of our supporters.
- We will annually communicate the financial condition of the ministry in a manner that is timely, accurate and understandable.